Terrorists who carried out the Abuja Kaduna Train Attack that occurred last month have posted a video of some of the passengers who were kidnapped during the attack.
The train, which left Abuja on March 28, 2022, was attacked 30 minutes before it arrived at its destination.
The attackers had detonated a bomb on the rail track, causing the train to derail, and then opened fire on the passengers, killing some and kidnapping others.
At least ten armed men were visible encircling several of the passengers in a two-minute video, who spoke under duress.
Among the hostages taken during the Abuja kaduna train attack uiwas a man who appeared to be Asian.
Watch video below;
At first the Asian man stood in front of the camera, but then proceeded near several of the victims who were lying on the floor.
A student from Kaduna State University, dressed in blue jeans and a yellow shirt, was among the victims and appealed to the government for help.
She said; “I’m speaking on behalf of the students here. Government should please hear our cry and come to our aid.”
A male voice inquired about where she’s schooling, to which she responded, “Kaduna State University.”
READ ALSO: Troops Uncovers Top Boko Haram Commander’s Sambisa Forest Home That Uses Solar Powered Inverter To Generate Electricity (Watch Video)
The man inquired further about the course, to which she replied, “Agriculture.”
Gladys Tony, another one of the Abuja kaduna train attack victims, said she worked for the Defence Industry Corporation of Nigeria.
“What happened on Monday would not have happened if the government had listened to and accepted the people’s demands,” she stated.
Another victim, who just gave his name as Adedeji, said he was on his way to Kaduna for eye treatment when he was kidnapped, but he was not able to say much more before the camera switched to another victim.
In the video, Alwan Hassan, the Bank of Agriculture’s Acting Managing Director, can also be seen. Hassan was released just a few days ago. The armed men threatened to kill the passengers in a video published on Wednesday, if the federal government did not accept their demands.
Hassan was surrounded by four of the bandits in the video, which lasted less than two minutes. The MD was released owing to his age and in the spirit of Ramadan, according to one of them, who spoke in Hausa.
“We are the people who kidnapped the Abuja Kaduna train passengers a few days ago. Among them is this man who was begging with us because of his old age, and we felt sorry for him because of Ramadan, therefore we wish to return him to his family.”
“But the government should not misunderstand this,” he had stated, “since it is a gesture we made out of empathy for him.” The bandits then requested that the MD say a few words. Speaking briefly, Hassan revealed that he was released out of pity.
“I want to witness to everyone that they took pity on me due to my old age. I was told to go out but I want to assure everyone that I left huge number of people behind and they are in situation that requires help for them to be released fast. I hope that government will meet the head of this group to release as them as soon as possible,” he had said.
The Nigerian Government has continued to reiterate it’s committment to rescuing the abducted victims.
Read more on this story HERE.