9 Killed, scores kidnapped as Chibok community suffers another Boko Haram attack

Chibok

At least 9 villagers have been reportedly killed and a military base set ablaze when Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists attacked Kautikari village in Chibok Local Government Area of Borno State.

The insurgents reportedly stormed the village in large numbers around 7 p.m. on Tuesday and opened fire on the residents.

Chibok
Boko Haram terrorists

A member of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) said,” We have recovered eight bodies from the scene of yesterday’s attack on our village.”

READ ALSO: Again, Nigerian troops enjoy resounding victory against Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists in Borno (Photos)

“Many are still unaccounted for as they are missing.” The military base here has also been set ablaze, as have some residential buildings.”

Chibok has been under constant terror attack by Boko Haram and ISWAP terrorist group.

In December 2020, members of a community-based organisation in Chibok Local Government Area of Borno State, Kibaku Area Development Association, (KADA), cried out over the escalated attacks on them by Boko Haram insurgents whom they claim were bent on laying the towns desolate.

They said the terror attacks, which had been affecting the area since 2014, had intensified and would worsen if nothing was done urgently to contain it.

Thousands of people have died and nearly two million people have been displaced as a result of the violence in Nigeria’s northeast. More than 8 million people in the affected states of Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe are in desperate need of help.

Source: Daily Trust.

Share and Enjoy !

Shares

Related posts