ghana military academy
The Ghana Military Academy is the Ghana Armed Forces’ military academy. Here, Officer cadets from the Ghana Army, Ghana Navy, and Ghana Air Force get basic military training.
The Academy is located at Teshie, in the Greater Accra Region, Ghana.
Table of Contents
ghana military academy
- Ghana military academy admission requirements
- How to apply to join Ghana military academy
- Ghana military academy admission requirements and eligibility for Cadet (Officers)
- Ghana military academy admission requirements and eligibility for Special Medical Intakes (SMI)
- Ghana military academy admission requirements and eligibility for recruits
- Additional Information
Ghana military academy admission requirements
Exams are required for admission into Ghana military academy, and the curriculum comprises both military and general courses. Army cadets must complete a two-year program. A few candidates may be chosen at the end of the first six months to continue their studies at international schools such as the Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst in the United Kingdom.
How to apply to join Ghana military academy
Before submitting an application, all applicants must carefully read these admission requirements for clarification.
1- Purchase a scratch card for HUNDRED GHANA CEDIS (GH100.00) from any of the country’s post offices.
2- Scratch the code “PIN” lightly to reveal it. Until a record is successfully filed, the scratch card can be used three times.
3- Use any of the following browsers to access the recruitment site at http://www.gafrecruitment.mil.gh:
– Chrome, a web browser developed by Google.
– And or Mozilla Firefox.
4- Thoroughly read through the entrance requirements in detail.
5- Make sure the Cell Broadcast Message Service on your phone is turned on. This can be accomplished by following the steps below on your phone:
– Message Settings
– Find “Cell Broadcast/Broadcast Message/CB Activation/Advertisement” depending on your brand of mobile phone.
– Set activation “ON”.
– Set the activation to “ON.”
– Exit message settings and set all channels to “RECEIVE.”
6- Then, to access the applicant login screen, select the Apply Now Tab.
7- Select your preferred Arm of Service, type of commission, and click “Next” after entering your card serial number and PIN code.
8- From Pages 1 to 3, fill in your personal information and make a note of the following:
Page 1: Choose the job you want and fill out the rest of the form.
Page 2: Upload a scanned copy of your passport-sized photo (170 x 150 pixels), input a valid e-mail address, personal cell phone number (233244123456), and any other relevant information.
Page 3; On your WASSCE/SSSCE Certificate, just enter the results of the TWO compulsory core subjects: CORE MATHEMATICS AND CORE ENGLISH. Enter your WASSCE or SSSCE Certificate Serial Number, as well as your WASSCE or SSSCE Index number. Only scanned copies of the WASSCE or SSSCE certificate and the degree certificate should be uploaded. NB: Each scanned document to be uploaded (passport photo, WASSCE or SSSCE Certificate, Degree Certificate) should not be larger than 1 Megabyte and must be in JPEG picture format only.
9- To see a summary page of all data provided, click the Preview Button. If any changes need to be made, read over this page carefully and click the back button.
10- When you press the submit button, you will receive an immediate e-mail and text message with your unique system-generated Identification Number.
11- You will definitely need this form If you are Qualified, so it is important to print and keep a copy. If however you misplace your final report, return to the recruitment portal, click on the PRINT SUMMARY Tab, enter the unique identification number issued to you through SMS/E-mail, and request a reprint.
Ghana military academy admission requirements and eligibility for Cadet (Officers)
Ghana military academy applicants for the cadet/officer post must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- – Be a Ghanaian citizen by birth.
– Have a good moral character.
– Regular Commission applicants must be 18 years old and not more than 26 years old by June 6, 2019, and Short Service Commission applicants must be 18 years old and not more than the specified years old by Thursday, May 2, 2019.
– Be medically fit as defined by the Ghana Armed Forces.
– Do not be bonded (i.e must not form a relationship based on love or shared beliefs and experiences).
– Must not be married (for Regular Officer Candidates only).
– Males must be 1.68m (5’6″) tall and girls must be 1.60m (5′ 4″) tall.
– For Military Police alone, male applicants must be 1.75m (5′ 9″) tall and female applicants must be 1.70m (5′ 7″) tall.
The following items are also required:
BECE. Six (6) passes are required, including English and Mathematics.
WASSCE. Six (6) credits (not less than C6) in Core English and Core Mathematics are required.
SSSCE. Six (6) credits, including Core English and Mathematics (not less than a D), are required.
GCE ‘O’ Level (General Certificate of Education). English and Mathematics are required to have a total of five (5) credits (not less than six).
GCE ‘A’ Level (General Certificate of Education). Credits in all three (3) subjects (not less than D) are required, as well as a General Paper DEGREE. A bachelor’s degree is required (Not below) A second-class lower degree from a reputable university.
Ghana military academy admission requirements and eligibility for Special Medical Intakes (SMI)
Ghana military academy applicants for the SMI posts must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- – Be a Ghanaian citizen by birth.
– Have a good moral character.
– By 10 January 2019, Medical Specialists must be 18 years old and not more than 40 years old, Medical/Dental Officers must be 35 years old, Nurses must be 33 years old, and Paramedical professionals must be 30 years old, unless otherwise indicated.
– To serve in the Ghana Armed Forces, you must be medically fit
– Males must be 1.68m (5′ 6″) tall and females must be 1.57m (5′ 2″) tall.
- The following items are also required:
(1) Six (6) BECE passes, including English and Mathematics, are required.
(2) You must have six credits. (Not less than C6) at WASSCE, including Core English, Core Math, and Core Science.
(3) Six credit (not less than D) at SSSCE, include Core English, Core Mathematics, and Core Science.
(4) You must have five credits. (Not less than C6) in GCE ‘O’ Level, including English, Mathematics, and Science, and not less than D in three GCE ‘A’ Level subjects.
Ghana military academy admission requirements and eligibility for recruits
Applicants seeking admission into Ghana military academy as recruuts must meet the following criteria to be considered:
a. Be a Ghanaian citizen by birth.
b. Have a good moral character.
c. By December 30, 2021, be at least 18 years old and not more than 25 years old for Non-Tradesmen and not more than 27 years old for Tradesmen.
d. Meet the medical requirements of the Armed Forces.
e. Must not be married.
f. Must not be bonded (i.e must not form a relationship based on love or shared beliefs and experiences).
g. Males must be 1.68m (5’6″) tall and females must be 1.57m (5’2″) tall. Only for Military Police; males must be 1.75m (5’9″) tall and females must be 1.70m (5’7″) tall.
h. Have a minimum of six (6) BECE credits (not less than Grade 6) in English and Mathematics.
i. Must have six WASSCE passes (not less than Grade E8 for Army candidates and Grade C6 for Navy and Airforce candidates), including Core English and Core Mathematics, or the required credits/passes in corresponding trade credentials from GES at Intermediate or Advanced Level.
Ghana military academy admission requirements for higher military education
The Ghana Military Academy, which was founded in 1960, also offers officers of the three services short courses in higher military education.
Periodically, the top senior officers are chosen to attend the Army Staff College in Camberley, England, or one of several other senior service schools across the world.
Educational requirements for officers to gain admission into Ghana military academy
The educational requirement for admission to the Ghana Military Academy has been raised from a minimum of a Senior High School diploma to a minimum of a first degree.
The Regular Career Course (RCC) and the Short Service Commission/Special Duties Course (SSC/SD) are still being offered by GMA. In accordance with the above policy adjustment, the training time has been reduced from 22 months to 15 months for RCC and from 8 months to 6 months for SSC/SD. The Special Medical Intake (SMI) is held on a regular basis to alleviate deficiencies in the Medical Services of the Ghana Armed Forces.
The Regular Career Course.
The Regular Course is split into two sections. The Standard Military Course (SMC), which lasts four months, and the Regular Career Course, which lasts eleven months, are the two options. As a result, the Regular Course lasts a total of 15 months. The course currently often begins in early May and ends in August of the following year.
The Special Duties and Short Service Course.
The Short Service Commission and Special Duties Training is a 6-month course for direct entry professionals and servicemen whose skills as specialty officers are required by the Armed Forces. The course leads to a commission in the Armed Forces as a Short Service/Special Duties Commission. The course normally begins in January under the new training routine.
The Ghana Armed Forces is a non-discriminatory workplace. There are no authorized intermediaries, and the advertised job openings are not for sale. Anyone caught posing as an agent or middleman will face criminal charges, and those who interact with them do so at their own risk. Anyone caught with falsified documents will be arrested and prosecuted.
ONLINE APPLICATIONS FOR GHANA MILITARY ACADEMY REGULAR AND SHORT SERVICE INTAKES HAVE NOT STARTED. However here is the link to the Application Portal.
Reference: Ghana Armed Forces.