Nigerian Man Beaten To Death For Buying Stolen Laptop In South Africa

South Africa
Following a vicious attack on him in his shop, the Nigeria Union South Africa (NUSA) has reported the death of another Nigerian in South Africa.

In a statement made from South Africa on Thursday, NUSA president Collins Mgbo revealed Mr Nicholas John’s death.

South Africa
Photo for descriptive purpose only.

On February 12, Mr John, a native of Ogun state, was attacked by a mob at his shop in Kimberly, Northern Cape, South Africa.

For many young Nigerians, South Africa has remained a graveyard. Since the beginning of 2019, at least 128 Nigerians have been killed, according to records.

READ ALSO: US places $10m bounty on Deadly ISIS-K leader Sanaullah Ghafari’s head.

Prior to This announcement, a Nigerian citizen identified as Olusola Solarin was assassinated by hoodlums on December 12th, who attacked him and took his money.

Mr Mgbo revealed that the latest victim, Mr John, was married to a South African woman who had just given birth to a kid three months earlier.

On the circumstances surrounding Mr. John’s death on February 15, the NUSA president revealed that on February 11, the Nigerian was attacked by a South African gang for purchasing a stolen laptop.

“He and his friends, whom they mistook for his accomplices were seriously beaten,” he added, “but the South African thief who actually stole the laptop and sold it to John was left alone and unharmed too.”

Mr John fought for his life in an intensive care unit at Kimberley Hospital, according to the NUSA president.

Mr Mgbo went on to say that the victim had purchased a stolen laptop from a South African. The owner of the stolen laptop captured the South African who had stolen it and escorted him to the Nigerian who had purchased it.

“It appears that the Nigerian who purchased the laptop sold it to another Nigerian. They instructed him to phone the Nigerian he sold it to, which he did, but when he arrived, he told them he no longer had the laptop but agreed to pay them for it,” Mr Mgbo stated.

“The owner of the laptop consented, but he later came with a group that wanted to steal John’s phones, but he protested, and that’s when they beat him unconscious and left him to die.”

Other Nigerians on the scene, according to Mr Mgbo, called an ambulance and rushed Mr John to the hospital, but the medical doctor told them that his brain was damaged and that he would not survive.

Source: News Agency Of Nigeria (NAN).

Share and Enjoy !


Related posts